Monday, May 17, 2010

Why can't these memories just fade away..?

I wrote this about two months ago while I was sitting by the window during a free hour in the class when everyone were in their highest spirits and me, in my lowest..

Voices and whispers,
the wind cunningly brings to me
torments my mind
as it echoes the sweet words uttered,
the many promises made
words and promises that remained
just words and promises
now tinted with bitterness.

A mocking laughter
that echoes my own
rewinds my mind, when I laugh
and regret at the same time
for it brings back to me the funniest times I've ever had
funniest times that made my life painfully more funnier.

Just a glance
and my mind rewinds further
and stops just when I smile
and frown at the same time
for it stops at the memory, I most cherished
and the one I most hate now.

Voices muffled with laughter
and those sideway glances
just adds up to the aching memories
memories that I wish
would just fade away...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Mood flicks could really b converted into words which convey a lot of messages....nd this truly do...

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Time and time only can be the cure
Yet your heart might still not be sure

way bad ..

your poetry is much better :)

aishwarya said...

@vinod thankyou :)and yeah, am counting on time.. :)

Anonymous said...

so kool :) im so proud of u :)

srujana said...

Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions. Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting. I read post unique information sharing. I live in USA. I am working in Vehicle towing company. It is best technology provide this article. Please keep posting.

geboorte sieraden vrouw said...

Good written in your free time.

Gavin said...

Amazing blog. Thanks for sharing this post. I really like your blog. spanaway property management is best property dealing site. Keep posting. Keep posting.